Australian public and private organisations are being urged by the Australian Government to safeguard their networks as the country appears to be under a large scale cyber-attack.
Australian security agencies are working to thwart the attacks and are providing advice to those under attack.
Key points about the ‘malicious’ intrusion in Australia:
– This is a “malicious” attack on government and private sector computer networks.
– No large-scale data breaches have been detected.
– A “state-based actor with significant capabilities” is behind the attack.
– Experts say the states most capable of these types of attacks are Russia and China.
– The frequency of attacks has increased in past months.
On top of our standard monitoring we are taking every precaution to protect our customers on a daily basis. Should you suspect anything out of the ordinary with any IT services or applications please contact Superior IT immediately to ensure the safety of your systems.
Three steps that you can take to help protect yourself against Cyber Attacks.
-Be vigilant when opening emails from unknown senders and links to websites.
-We recommend the use of multi-factor authentication for all services and applications where possible.
-Use your intuition, if something doesn’t seem right let us know ASAP!
For more info please refer to our Cyber Security page.