Don’t get caught off guard—with our compliance solutions, find yourself at the forefront of government and industry regulations always.
Compliance can be an HR nightmare; with regular adjustment to government and industry regulations over certain issues and practices, it can be difficult to keep up with what is allowed and what isn’t. Accidentally breaking a certain regulation can end up costing you hundreds if not thousands of dollars in fines, penalties, and other consequences. In making choices for your company’s IT, a full knowledge of current regulations and requirements is required.
However, these regulations can vary from industry to industry, making it increasingly difficult to keep up. Most regulations deal directly with the privacy of personal information, and keeping it secure. However, there are also regulations that tackle record keeping, forcing companies to properly store and archive sensitive records and documents.
The following should be taken into consideration:
- HIPAA provisions must be followed by all companies and organizations that handle healthcare information (this is not limited to healthcare-related entities)
- All forms of personal information and data must be kept completely secure, including but not limited to social security numbers and bank account numbers. Any breaches of data are required by law to be publicly announced
- Failing to comply with PCI DSS’s regulations centered around credit card data protection may force them to strip your company or organisation of the ability to process credit card transactions
- IT systems require full knowledge not only of the regulations imposed in your industry, but also the regulations imposed in your state
- A high-level of IT experience and skills is recommended in meeting compliance
It isn’t simple to keep yourself informed of all the current regulations in Perth, especially for small to medium-sized businesses, therefore compliance is a constant threat. With regular updates to IT systems and possible accidental configuration changes, it requires dedicated personnel to truly keep your IT systems compliant in your organisation. Only those who specialise in these fields can successfully meet the demands of compliance.
With Superior IT, we partner with you and provide the team that can assure your company or organization’s compliance with all regulatory bodies, including FIPSA, HIPAA, PCI, and more.
Regardless of your industry, Superior IT is here to lend aid. Compliance requirements will be a worry of the past when you employ Superior IT—let us handle the little compliance details, making sure that your business won’t be hit with any surprise penalties.